Save the Date! Let’s string up our shoes and walk/run all over Alzheimers! On Saturday, September 13, 2014, Galloway Ridge will host the 1st Annual Chatham County Alz NC Walk & 5K to benefit Alzheimer’s North Carolina.
Funds raised will remain in NC communities to improve the lives of those affected by this disease through support, research, and education.
For those that aren’t familiar with Alzheimer’s and how destructive it an be, here are some quick facts:
• Alzheimer’s disease is a disorder that causes the gradual loss of brain cells and is the leading cause of dementia.
• Over 140,000 people in North Carolina are affected by Alzheimer’s and numbers are expected to rise dramatically to over 300,000 by the year 2030.
• Over 70% of persons with Alzheimer’s disease are cared for at home or in the community by family members and friends.
• Nearly 50% of Americans over 85 have Alzheimer’s disease.
• It is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
• One in 8 Americans will develop Alzheimer’s disease.
It’s Time We Fought Back
As you can see, the effect of this illness is deep and far-reaching. Let’s do whatever we can to help in this fight.
The Walk will commence on the USATF Course which leads from Galloway Ridge (3000 Galloway Ridge Rd, Pittsboro) through Fearrington Village and race day registration begins at 8am. The race will begin at 9am and there will be a ceremony following its completion.
All registered walkers/runners that raise as little as $30 will receive a tee shirt and additional shirts can be purchased for $12 (or two for $20).
For more information on the Walk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we hope to see you all there. Let’s show Alzheimer’s that its days are numbered in North Carolina.
Until our next post,
The Fearrington Village Home Sales Team
About Galloway Ridge
Galloway Ridge is a nonprofit continuing care retirement community (CCRC) located just eight miles south of Chapel Hill in Pittsboro, North Carolina. Galloway Ridge is a remarkable choice for inspiring, satisfying senior living. Located in Fearrington Village, Galloway Ridge has all the features, amenities and security one could want. Visit Galloway Ridge online at www.GallowayRidge.com.