We wanted to make the community aware of a wonderful upcoming event in the area in the hopes of helping to bring awareness to its terrific cause. First, though, we have a question: have you ever seen a Goat Parade?
No? Well, that’s the exact reason you should join us to find out how much fun it can be!
The Galloway Ridge Retirement Community will host the first ever Goat Parade (a public art installation and tour) to benefit the Chatham County Department on Aging (in Pittsboro) and the Robert and Pearl Seymour Center (in Chapel Hill). Beautiful art made even more so by the cause.
Extremely talented artists from the local area will paint the true to life goat statues. Those will then be auctioned off during a fantastic gala on Friday, November 14, 2014.
Awareness Through Unity
The Goat Parade Committee has set the goal of bringing together artists with sponsors, businesses, arts educators, governmental officials, and social groups to enhance the awareness and funds for local senior citizens. Partnerships will be made on all levels as a way of appreciating and celebrating the relationship between Orange and Chatham Counties.
The benefit to local business will be very positive as you’ll see increased area traffic which will drive customers into stores. The local artists will garner publicity for their works through their displays in the public forum. All are invited to attend!
The When’s and The What’s
Here are the schedule of events for the Goat Parade:
• Monday August 4 – Monday, September 15: Goats painted by artists @ the previous Rose’s location inside University Mall. Open to the public.
• Sunday, October 5: Unveiling of the “glamour goats” at Festifall on Franklin Street in downtown Chapel Hill.
• Monday, October 6 – Thursday, October 23: Painted goats will be displayed in 10 locations throughout Chapel Hill.
• Thursday, October 23 – Thursday, November 13: Painted goats will be placed in 10 locations throughout Pittsboro.
• Friday, November 14: Goat Parade Gala @ Galloway Ridge in Pittsboro. Both live and silent auctions will be held with music and dancing.
See You There!
This is going to be a series of wonderful and fun events driven by a beautiful cause. For more information, contact Pat Richardson at email@example.com or at 919-642-6893. You can also reach out to Kathie Reeves, Publicity Subcommittee Chair for the Goats on Parade Committee at 919-619-7260.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the Goat Parade!
Until our next post,
The Fearrington Village Home Sales Team
About Galloway Ridge
Galloway Ridge is a nonprofit continuing care retirement community (CCRC) located just eight miles south of Chapel Hill in Pittsboro, North Carolina. Galloway Ridge is a remarkable choice for inspiring, satisfying senior living. Located in Fearrington Village, Galloway Ridge has all the features, amenities and security one could want. Visit Galloway Ridge online at www.GallowayRidge.com.