Happy New Year!!! After the hangovers from lack of sleep, overindulgence or food and drink or a combo thereof, where off, please think about patronage of our local wine shop. For a town Pittsboro’s size, the quality of our very own wine shop is impressive!!!! What better way to slide into the new year than enjoy a fine wine and supporting a local business!
Each Friday from 5-7 PM Vino!! Wine shop pours for you a heaping glass, or two or three. Here is wine list for Friday Jan 3rd.
- 2018 La Posado Airen, La Mancha, Spain $10.99: 100% Airen from a family owned winery. Fresh, light and fruity with a silky palate and well-balanced acidity. This is a budget friendly porch pounder!
- 2018 Mayu Pedro Ximenez, Elqui Valley, Chile $16.99: A new vintage of a shop favorite! 100% Pedro Ximenez from the second highest vineyard in the region. Very aromatic, crisp, dry white. Appealing citrus backbone combining aromas of lemon and lime zest with subtle floral and mineral hints. Crisply acidic and refreshing on the palate.
- 2018 Sterparo Puglia Rosso, Puglia, Italy $15.99: This blend of 50/50 Sangiovese and Montepulciano is juicy and simply enjoyable. Aged in stainless steel, it has rich cherry flavors complemented by ripe plum and spice. Lovely acidity and juiciness with soft tannins. An easy drinking, every day red!
- 2015 Ramos Pinot Duas Tinto, Douro, Portugal $19.99: This blend of Tourgia Nacional, Touriga Franca and traditional Douro varietals was aged 20% in French oak, 30% in big oak vats and the remainder in stainless steel for 13 months. Clean and bright with an intense and mature bouquet with floral aromas of plum and black cherry. Complex with notes of spice and wood. Soft and smooth with flavors of ripe fruit.
Vino!! also continues their partnership with another local delight, Postal Fish Co. Pair fine selected wines with the culinary delights available from our local chefs using local ingredients. This events focus is oysters- which are in season on our NC coasts.
Sunday, January 19, 2020 is the date to save for your Oyster Pairing.
This year Postal will have two times available. The first will be from 12-3 PM and the second from 4-7 PM.
- Cost is $65 a person which gets you these delicious food items:
- All you can eat raw oysters from local NC vendors,
- Steamed oysters,
- Freshly prepared hot bar items,
- Uli’s Rachlette bar,
- Various decadent desserts,
- As well as tastings of 12 wines from 6 different distributors.
- Grab your tickets HERE and don’t miss out on this amazing way to start 2020
Fearrington Village in Pittsboro, NC is an ideal community to live in with shops, restaurants, medical facilities and a variety of “neighborhoods” to choose from. Both Sandy Savage and Lisa Skumpija are local experienced Fearrington Village realtors who specialize in listing and selling in the Pittsboro, Chatham County real estate markets.